A new meme I saw Friday that got me thinking (and since I don't usually get tagged for these things, I just do whichever ones I want!)
3 Things You Wish For (Just for you…)
1. An opportunity to teach knitting and crochet classes again.
2. Someone to help me write up all the patterns I design.
3. Time and money to be able to visit my friends and family around the country.
3 Things You Would Do To/For Yourself If There Was No One To Judge You (…or if you had the guts to do it!)
1. Put a purple streak in my hair.
2. Quit my job and go back to graduate school... in a field in which I know I'll likely make less money than I do now (or in which I'd never get a job at all)
3. Throw out every item of clothing I own that is not BOTH completely comfortable AND flattering to me, and replace them with a wardrobe that has only clothes that are comfy and in which I look marvelous, even if NONE of it is appropriate for work -- then wear that stuff into work (and even to Court).
3 Bad Habits You Have
1. Leaving empty coffee cups, diet coke cans, and water bottles all over the house.
2. Nibbling junk food when I'm bored.
3. Going into problem solving mode (and thus identifying all the problems) before outwardly registering the good sides to new ideas or proposals that others make. I know that I'm launching into that because I like the idea and want to make it work, but many people (DH included) hear that as bashing the idea before it has a chance.
3 Insecurities You Feel
1. If I stopped making the phone calls and starting the plans, would my friends ever call me or initiate plans?
2. I'm sure that I'm making horrendous parenting errors, and thus am creating future problems for my kids.
3. There were several cusp decisions in my life -- did I really make the right decision, or would I have been much happier had I chosen differently at each of those times?
3 Talents/Skills You Wish You Had
1. Money management ... beyond the ability to balance my checkbook.
2. Long range planning.
3. Maintaining organization once I've created the structures.
3 Things That You Would Do If You Had More Time
1. Learn to spin an weave well.
2. Take Dance and/or Yoga classes ... often enough to get and stay in shape.
3. Really get my house organized -- the whole thing! Purging old useless junk-to-me; organizing and cataloging my stash, my patterns, my books; creating a storage space for out-of-season clothes and using it; creating a storage system for clothes and shoes outgrown by the older-child but into which the younger child has not yet grown - and using it; etc. etc. (I'd list it all but I don't have time)
3 5 Things That Bring You Peace/Relaxation
2. Hanging out with friends and chatting over coffee or wine late into the night.
3. Extended massages
5. Moving water (as in rivers, large lakes, oceans, streams, brooks, waterfalls)-- watching it, hearing it, feeling it.
3 Things That Spark Your Creativity
1. Colors and great color combinations
3. Problems and challenges