The Gentleman was pleased with the progress on his Gentleman's Sock...
I was able to get a status check. Despite my concerns, it was not too tight. However, it looks to me like we measured just in time!
It turns out that though the pattern I'm using as a guide for the reverse heel business thinks that it was time to start the heel dance, I need about two more rows (which include one more gusset increase).
And thus my vacation begins with knitting projects cooperating fully...
My what? Yes, you saw it... I said vacation!!!!
Yesterday was my last day of work for THREE WEEKS! Yeeee haaaahhhhh.
"But what does this mean to ME?? you ask..
First off, it means that no work will interfere with my ability to blog.... so for the next few days, I'm likely to bore you to death with minutia.
After July 4, however, we'll be "on the road" and my blog=updating access will be limited. I will be luxuriating in long visits with my parents. ... first in Mid-Coast Maine (any blog readers up that way?) and then in Burlington, Vermont (blog readers THERE?). While I will be being spoiled, I will not be able to blog much. Internet access is less friendly (dial up here I come), and I won't have my photo editing software, so I won't be able to shrink images down do a decent bloggable size...(My parents don't have digital cameras, and so don't have such software.)
But. before I go...
here's what My Blue Buddy gave me:
What we have here, from Tsoniki the great pal who totally went OUT OF HER WAY to find knitting goodies for me, even though she's not a knitter, is :
1) a skein of lovely blue Koigu (I'm thinkin' she's been reading my blog -- in which I seem to have been reporting lots of purchasing and knitting of Koigu.... what do you think?),
2) a set of Crystal Palace Circulars (ahhh, my favorites of the bamboo circs),
3) a lovely blue candle (you may recall that I listed C is for Candles several months ago? more blog reading, for sure),
4) some absolutely gorgeous blue stitch markers, and
5) something to keep me from getting blue, by adding laughter to my day: Calvin & Hobbes "Scientific Progress Goes Boink".
Wanna see another view? Sure you do:
You still can't see those incredible stitch markers? Okay, how about this:
My Blue Swap Buddy is better than yours... nyah nyah.
And even if she's not, I love her all the same. THANK YOU Tsoniki!!!
Clearly, it's time to cast on something that needs stitch markers, don't'cha think??
But first, Willow and I are going out for more adventures with the divine though sadly Blogless Elizabeth (honorary member of the Amazing Lace Team).