Yesterday, I worked out like a mad fiend.
I mean seriously.
I spent over two solid hours over there actively working out!
Elliptical (20 minutes: 3.5 "bike" miles); Treadmill (30 minutes between 5% and 10% grade: 1.9 miles); Whole series of exercises on the Ball; most of the things I do on the weight machines; bonus stretches.... the WORKS.
I DID have to do some major self-talking to stick to the treadmill for the last 15 minutes (I do elliptical first, then strength training, then the bike), but I made it through to the end. I started with telling myself I could quit after I hit 1.1 miles. Then, I was close to some even minute number, when I got there, I was close to 1.5 miles... then to an even minute thing, etc.... I kept talking myself into 2 more minutes here, 2 more tenths of a mile there, etc. 'til I made it all the way through to the full 30 minutes. I bagged on that 1 tenth of a mile backwards that I usually add on the end though.
My Run-A-Go-Go stats as of today are: 26.817 walking miles and 23.6 elliptical miles. I continue to pretend that I'm going to get 100 miles in BOTH categories by April 1.
Yesterday I also FINALLY broke the 129/130 pound mark. I've been hovering between those two numbers for two freaking weeks. I thought I'd never get the scale to drop below 129.0. It had started to piss me off. I think that breakthrough gave me more energy (or perhaps just motivation) to put in extra effort working out.
Not much news otherwise, but I do have space for a full knitting update ===
I've made it to the bottom section of "feather ends" and am starting to add in the beads. At first, I thought I'd put a bead or two in the middle set, and a bunch o' beads in the third set, followed by many many in the bottom edging.
Then, I began to think that it would look funny with NO beads in the first set of feather ends, so I (gasp) dropped down a stitch in every one of them to add a bead into the first set of feather ends, while I knit the row to add the first bead to the second set. This would so NOT have happened had the stitches that I was dropping not been isolated lines of purl stitches -- wholly unconnected to any Yos or other lacy stuff.
This was one PITA row, but it's done, and I'm happy with it.
Red Scarf 2007
The scarf is moving along apace. In fact, this has trumped all other knitting right now -- I'm pushing to finish in time, and fret that I'll get all focused on something else so I'm not allowing myself to knit on anything else until I truly need a needle size change.
Thistle is still progressing, though slowly as those red colored projects have been occupying my attention. I'm about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the tops of the jacket (the body between the beginning of the armscye and the shoulder seams). I had decided that this would get a steek so that the color changes would remain consistent on the body ....
I know that there will come a point that I regret this, as keeping up with the back and both fronts in directions that think you're making them one piece at a time will make this no good for TV knitting, but what can you do. I'm hoping to be able to wear her this spring, so I do need to get a move on...
The first section of the UFO list I promised.....
those UFO's lurking around on the first floor include:
Fixing the neck of Jessica's poncho
I know .. that looks like an FO to me too, but ...
it turns out that the neck is a bit too stretchy, and it tends to slide down her shoulders, so... I've rounded up the left over yarn and have promised to pick up and knit a more effective neckline for her:
The pre-Columbian Shawl still looks remarkably like the last time I flashed it:
Those colors are all wrong... but I'm too lazy to fix it for you. Forgive me? I really do need to just gut it out and knit this puppy... I still love it. I still want it... I just never feel like knitting it.
There is also a sweater for the woman for whom I knit the FUG. It's been on hold waiting for the chart I needed to take the next step. Joyce had forgotten to include it with the pattern. I finally have the chart! But I've discovered that when things were undergoing that crazed cleaning stint that precedes any big party around here, it got put someplace "safe". It's likely sitting happily right next to my big binder of circular needles. They're all very "safe" where ever they are. I've asked for another copy of the pattern....
sigh. I'll haul it out for photos soon, I promise.
The rest of the UFO's are lurking in the closet. ... I think. Actually, I'm pretty sure the Modular Shawl is actually in my bedroom, having been frogged. Anyway, their photo session is scheduled for later this week.... along with the recent yarn acquisitions (recent meaning since, say, within the last year).