Knitting news: small things.
1) I've finished the gift. It's in the queue for photography and mailing.
2) I'm about to start the heel flap on DH's sock. I'm debating other structures.
3) I've finally passed the half-way point on Chrysopolis. I'm thrilled to say that I have not passed the halfway point in the yarn.
1) J spent a dizzy free day yesterday!!!! :-D
2) She's still having trouble concentrating and focusing :-(
3) C has declared me Supermom -- I did the field trip thing again yesterday and helped to escort the 8th grade science class to a local Prairie park to let them see prairie grasses and plants and animals -- and hear prairie sounds (hahahahah, like they ever shut up to listen). After berating me for "making them" continue to walk around after they'd already finished all their worksheet answers, she declared me supermom for being able to read a map and directl them safely back to the meeting place. When I said I wasn't so sure about supermom --- but I'd take competent mom, she said that all the other moms were "incompetent mom" and couldn't have done what I did. I chose not to disabuse her of the notion that I'm better than other moms. I'm pretty sure that the days of being supermom in her eyes are dwindling.
4) I learned from the day's adventure. Although I'm still signed up (and paying) for chaperoning the Band Trip to Disney world (which you can support if you want to... by going to qsp.com, and buying stuff from school number -- supporting either code POP1 or POP2), I think I'll refrain from helping out on the 8th grade trip to Six Flags over St. Louis in the spring. I do NOT enjoy the battle of wills with 8th grade boys who need to test their boundaries.
1) The new dampers and thermostats are in! We now do not have to heat or cool the second floor in order to get the first floor comfy. Similarly, we can now heat or cool the second floor without heating or cooling the first floor. We hope that this will both reduce our heating costs AND improve the likelihood that any given room will be at a comfortable temperature.
2) I actually prepped the door for painting today. When it's dry, I'll finish that chore.
This guy has done what is partially a humor bit... and partially a wisdom bit. It could have come straight from my brain, except that I'd have been talking about college kids, not 8th graders.
Damn he's good. (Thanks Rich! I'm really glad you shared this one with me!)