It's Sunday. And thus, it's time for a few Unconscious Mutterings.
- Disguised :: Incognito
- Big wheel :: Small Trike
- Irritating :: inane repetitive noises
- Care :: Bear (ohh am I ever embarassed about that, but it IS the first thing that came into mind)
- Grandpa :: Buddy (my grandpa)
- Shooting :: photography
- Sunglasses :: I wear them at night
- Stampede :: dolphins
- Painstakingly :: laboriously
- Terrible position :: one play away from check-mate, on the losing side
Not only that... but, well, I have some mutterings about the stuff they send home from school...
First, every teacher seems to think that their students must have a separate 1 - 1/2" binder for their class. Clearly, no student is competent to keep their papers organized w/o a separate binder for each class. The fact that this means a kid will need a full size litigator's briefcase to carry all their stuff EVERY DAY is clearly lost on them. Not to mention the challenge of getting this up and down the stairs between classes:
(picture ganked from page linked above)
But slightly more troubling is the policies they send home. Like this one:
- ALL LATE WORK WILL BE COUNTED FOR 1/2 CREDIT
- For every day late 2 days are given to turn in the assignment.
Make up Work
- If a student is absent he/she has the same number of days to make up an assignment as the days missed.
- Extensions may be granted for long absences
At first, I thought that what she really meant was that if you're ABSENT, you have 2 days to turn in an assignment when you come back(since that was the standard policy in Middle school), but the Make Up Work policy undid that expectation. Now, I have no idea what she means.
So, she's grading the biology class. Here's hoping that she's not grading on the clarity of your reports! (I'm going to see if I can get some clarification for that one.)
As for me, I'm working away on Must Have. I had a bit of an argument with the fronts about the short-rows, but in the end, I got them to cooperate. I anticipate that I'll complete the fronts tonight or tomorrow. That means they can be blocked (again) in time for a sewing together party on Wednesday for my Knit Night with The Divine Though Blogless Elizabeth. (though Erin may bring one of her sweaters along for the fun). I'll take pictures.