There's a lot to gripe about lately (I have a list...), but there's also a lot to be thankful for. One of the things I'm thankful for right now is being reminded of that. So, for the moment, instead of looking at that huge list of things to do, which includes phone calls to try to fix things that are on my list of things to gripe about, I'm going to focus on things I have to be thankful for. Here's today's list.
1. My health. It seems to have returned. I can get up in the morning, and nothing hurts (not even the pesky hip, despite the snap, crackle and popping going on there). I'm not coughing. My brain seems to work. It seems amazing to me that I can feel so ... normal ... after three weeks of basically sleeping and coughing and sleeping. Thank you immune system and modern medicine. I'm thrilled that you worked together so well.
2. My kids. I whine a bunch, I prod and nag and reprimand and scold, but I'm inordinately proud of them.
a. I'm thankful that Kitty gets herself up, and dressed, and breakfasted, and OUT THE DOOR, and on the bus to school every day. All with little if any help from me. It's amazing how much easier the day is when there is no debate over whether or not it's morning.
b. I'm thankful that Bookworm needs little more than a nudge in the morning to get her up and moving about.
c. I'm thankful that both of them do their homework without prompting or nagging.
d. I'm thankful for many other things, but if I keep this up, they'll read the blog and promptly quit doing them all to rest on their laurels.
3. My wonderful husband, and the joy we find in taking dance classes together.
4. The number of lines I've managed to draw through things on that list of Things To Do that I blogged about most recently.
5. Knit Night -- which make Wednesdays a better day every time, even on nights when I get exactly two rows knit over the course of the whole evening.
6. The serendipity that means I've already found my step-mother's Holiday Gift!! (a rare thing, that, I'm usually desperately still hunting the day before she and my father arrive just after new years).
7. and... I'm thankful that I could keep on going for quite some time without running out of things to be thankful for. But...I'm guessing that we've hit the moment when you're thankful that I've stopped.
So there we have it. This week's entry in the Thankful Thursday's effort. I'm going to TRY to do this weekly. (I'd best go put it on my list).
P.S. to those of you who are waiting for pictures of the Halloween Costumes -- so am I! The Mom who had charge of the Zombie Prom gals has been having a war with the computers that seem dead set against her getting them uploaded anywhere.