There's lots going on... but my post with actual information/news in it is refusing to write itself, or even be written. Thus, I'm borrowing a couple of things from my blog buddies.
Thanks to Janna, you get to see a map of all the states I've visited. A fairly respectable 78 %). Technically, I could count Idaho, since I did ride across it in a train (which is how I got North Dakota), but it was across that skinny bit, and I'm pretty sure I slept through it. I am counting states I've driven across -- I couldn't help but pay attention, ya know?
visited 39 states (78%)
Create your own visited map of The United States
And....A Meme, I came upon reading Stepping Away from the Edge. I also swiped some of her answers -- or, well, the phrasing in her answers, since my answers are the same.
- Do you like bleu cheese? I do not! I think it's spoiled cheese.
- Have you ever smoked? Just a bit; and now... I'm allergic to cigarette smoke!
- Do you own a gun? No.
- Favorite type of food? I can't even begin to answer this one. I like veggies... and red meat, no wait chicken... um, fish... lobster... chocolate! fruit .... chocolate covered fruit... cheese (not bleu), salad.... um... yeah. Food. I like food...
- Favorite type of music? Can't answer this one, either. Maybe that's why my iPod has over 3,000 songs. . .
- What do you think of hot dogs? I'm opposed to them on principle, but every now and then, I like simple ones on white buns with catsup ... just catsup.
- Favorite Christmas movie? Muppet Christmas Carol or maybe Miracle on 34th Street.
- What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee with steamed milk and sugar.
- Can you do push ups? You bet I can! Well, um, I used to be able to. But with my current shoulder issues, I dare not.
- What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I wear my engagement/wedding/just because rings every day, but I guess I don't really have a favorite piece that I can identify.
- Favorite hobby? Knitting, reading, watching movies and/or TV w/ my girls.
- Do you have A.D.D.? What? I was distracted there for a minute... oh, no.
- Do you wear glasses/contacts? Glasses - bifocals. I so wish I could wear contacts but my eyes itch like crazy whenever I try.
- Middle name? Katharine
- Name three thoughts at this exact moment: Why is Bookworm walking like that? I wonder how long it's been since I had a day well and truly OFF that didn't involve me being sick or felled by a migraine. Why is it that every time there is a class at Stitches that I'm actually excited about, it closes before I even get the flier?
- Name three drinks you regularly drink: Water, Diet Coke, Coffee)
- Current worry? Um... money and jobs
- Current hate right now? folks who can't be trusted.
- Favorite place to be? Anywhere - with the people I love.
- How did you bring in the new year? At home with my family.
- Someplace you’d like to go? Paris, Italy, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, back to Belize.
- Name three people who will complete this.
- Do you own slippers? Yep.
- What color shirt are you wearing? purple (is anyone surprised?)
- Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I'm not sure I have ever tried that, but I imagine that it would be all slippery and the top sheet would slide off (taking any necessary blankets with it) and leave me cold.
- Can you whistle? Yes, but I'm not as good as my Dad!
- Where are you now? In my knitting chair.
- Would you be a pirate? Not really, I like to be clean, and I like comfortable beds, plus I'm pretty law-abiding. But I'd like to learn pirate songs. And maybe drink rum. And take a sailing vacation.
- What songs do you sing in the shower? I talk to myself in the shower, but I rarely sing there.
- Favorite girl’s name? Rhiannon. (Golf Pro wouldn't go for it)
- Favorite boy’s name? Nathaniel, followed closely by Michael.
- What is in your pocket right now? Nothing.
- Last thing that made you laugh?
- What vehicle do you drive? 2007 VW Passat Wagon.
- Worst injury you’ve ever had? Once I had a couple of stitches in my knee, but other than that, I haven't had any serious injuries.
- Do you love where you live? Nope. I like topography and large moving water. I don't live near either.
- How many TVs do you have in your house? Too many, but I only ever watch one of them.
- How many computers do you have in your house? Five. One for each person, and and extra for me -- cause I'm spoiled
- If you changed your job, what would it be? Do I have to qualified for it?
- If you had three wishes what would they be? For my girls to have fulfilling happy lives; for financial security for my family; for a fulfilling job for myself.