Everything this week seems to be going slooooowly.
I did finally recover from the Arthrogram/MRI ... but my shoulder is not as good today as it was the day before I went in. Grrr. Tonight, for example, I managed to twang it moving laundry from the front loading washer to the front loading dryer. I had to just sort of stand there and cringe and whimper.
Better yet, I get to wait until Tuesday to learn what that bloody awful test revealed (did I tell you that the doc canceled/rescheduled my appointment that was supposed to have been yesterday?).
On the other hand, I did get all the buttons sewn on the second BSJ
Bad picture, sigh, but it's dark outside, and that always means the pics are... welll.... less than they could be.
I also managed to squeeze out a second sleeve cap from the collection of wee balls of yarn, and have actually finished the Wolf Hoodie! It was scary close -- Here's how much of the silver yarn I have left:
This means that the i-cord that will go through the casing in the hood (and maybe even the body) will be out of the dark yarn. That, I've got plenty of. As soon as the zipper (special order, of course, sigh) arrives in the mail, I'll be installing it, and photographing the finished object. It lies, damp, in the laundry room as I type. Pseudo blocking.
I've even managed to get a couple of repeat's of Irtfa'a's border done:
It's mind boggling to me how long each of those repeats takes! I mean, c'mon! There are only eight rows per repeat, and the longest row has a whopping 18 stitches in it! How can they take so long. What? well, yeah, there are up to four beads (in two sizes) in every other row, but compared to the body, that's, well, nothin'!
Okay, I admit it, each repeat takes a tad less time, but there's all this flipping and stuff going on. I'm hoping that as I get more and more of the shawl bound off the flipping will be less cumbersome. (that is what's happening here, in a very circuitous way -- for each stitch of the body that gets used up, I knit two rows of a repeat, but it's happening). I suppose I could try knitting backwards (well, purling backwards), but I'm not sure about the ptogtbl's going backwards. And those appear in every wrong side row. I'll let you know if I try it.
Not much else to say. The big progress around here seems to be that I managed to put away all the needles on the first floor that are not actually in projects. And yes, that took far longer than any non-knitter would ever understand.
And no, that doesn't actually mean that ALL of the needles have been put away. There are still some escapees upstairs. In theory, I'll round them up in the next week and put them away too.
And next week -- Kitty starts.....
At least it's only the Safety Section this time...she's not going behind the wheel just yet.....she's got to learn the rules of the road first -- and pass that test at the DMV.
I think I'm going to go lie down now...