There are a number of blog meme-things out there called Ten on Tuesday. Typically, someone decides what sorts of things those ten will be (ten favorite restaurants; ten things in your refrigerator; ten books you've read this year... something like that). I've decided to do my very own Ten on Tuesday: Ten things I've accomplished in the past week.
1. Last weekend I survived another birthday. It was low key, and wonderful. I accomplished one thing: I finished knitting the Climbing Cables Socks.
2. Yesterday, I soaked the Climbing Cables Socks. They're drying now, but have promised to come out for a photo shoot in the very near future.
3. I lured both Golf Pro and the Ball in Chain Socks out into the light of day for a photo shoot.
Alas, I was unable to lure the camera battery into participating, so I had to make do with the camera in my phone. I'll try again when I've got a better camera.
4. I completed the last step for my application for the Massage License. All forms have been filled out, and signed and sealed by the appropriate parties. I have had my fingerprints taken via the LiveScan method, and released to the department the results of their criminal background check. I have ordered the transcript from the school (we will not grumble that I'd already sent one to the testing folks, the State evidently needs its own copy). I've written the check, written the cover letter, gotten copies of everything, printed the label, stuffed the envelope. This afternoon, I'll be taking it all to the post office. (And then I'll resume fretting over whether I sent it in too early -- too early means that I have to write that check again in December)
5. I finished drafting and proofing the written part of a pattern for which I'd only finished off the charts. AND, I sent the written directions to a tester. I'd already had the charts tested, so I know the design works -- now we see if my transcription from charts to words works. I know that it's important to have a written version of the pattern, but I do not enjoy creating them. This is likely to mean that several patterns will continue in limbo, published as chart only designs, because there's not much return on the time investment to fix them.
6. I updated a five year old pattern to clear up an error someone found. I'm sad that there was an error, especially that it was still there after all this time. I'm thrilled that someone bought the pattern, and that she then followed up with a question so I could fix the pattern.
7. I cast on for a new mitt design for Book Worm. (I'm also pondering another mitt design for both girls. I'm pondering that one enough that it's invading my dreams).
8. I successfully cleaned and treated a nasty cut that Kitty got while playing about in a local stream (one which runs through town, and has gone through varous phases of being clean and being polluted over the years). Even so, it was a dirty cut, and we wound up in the doctor's office the next morning getting it looked at -- antibiotics are now on board. The doc said I did a good job with it, which is comforting. I can now add "capable of performing decent first aid" to my list of attributes.
9. I tracked down Golf Pro's great grandfather in a recent genealogical hunt at our local library. Alas, his father's family was in Canada, where the census information does not go back very far.
10. In my newly rediscovered relaxation time, I've watched enough TV that my DVR is no longer at risk of running out of room to record new things. I've also been reading non-massage related things at a rate that actually meant I'd run out of novels to read from the library! (I promptly fixed that, but it's been well over a year since my shelf was not full of things that I'd renewed AGAIN because I hadn't finished reading them.
The best thing about Ten on Tuesday lists like this is how good you feel, realizing that you've NOT in fact wasted a week. Yep, I actually got stuff DONE!