I'm taking a mini road trip. I'll have plenty of knitting time.
And then, in another ten days, I'm taking a slightly longer road trip. Again, there will be knitting time (even if it's only in the travel time).
I'm trying a new thing: planning ahead.
Since knitters know that one of the FIRST things you pack for a trip is your knitting, I thought I'd get a head start and review the bidding now. Luckily, I've put almost everything knitting related on Ravelry (there are still a few skeins of yarn lurking about that aren't photographed up there, but otherwise....).That means it's easy for me to review what I've got on the needles without relying on memory -- and with out getting out of my chair.
1. The socks I discussed previously. They're on US 0's (tiny tiny); I'm forcing myself through the two socks on two needles thing. It's okay.
2. Sylvia's Mitts. Alas, I think these will be frogged. I'm enjoying them. I love the yarn. I love the pattern. Alas, the pattern is not showing up very well in the yarn. My KnitNight buddies have pointed out that it seems like an awful waste of US 0 dpn knitting when you can't see the pretty design once it's done.
Sigh. It looks mosly okay when it's just sitting there
But when you put them on, the lace kind of disappears
So, I'm debating whether to frog, or soldier on. If I keep going, these would be good travel knitting as they take up very little space.
3. I've got JoAnn's cover up. I could likely finish it on the trip. But it's crazy making, and I'm not sure I then want to haul it around. (It's a mesh like thing, knit with fingering or smaller weight yarn on size 11 dpns.) Maybe I'll take it on the mini-trip. Finishing this would be a great goodness.
4. Lyonesse. It's a shrug/cardi thing that I'm designing. I've finished a sleeve. I'm stuck, not quite sure what I want to do with the body. That's why sleeve two is on the needles. The sleeves are EASY, but I'll wind up in a place where I dont' have the light or paper or brain to do design work, with nothing left bu that...
Okay -- IF I get my design brain on before the second tirp, that would be a good thing to take. And... I will have down time that is also alone time on the first trip, in which I could be doing some design work...
5. Florafil Shrug. Kind of the reverse of Lyonesse. On this design, I'm stuck on how to get to the sleeves from the back I've designed, and am still fussing with how I want the body.
6. A pair of mitts for Bookworm that have stalled out -- changed minds all around.
7. The CURTAINS. They're no longer a high priority, what with the window film that now covers their destination windows. They also take up a lot of space in the suitcase. They're going back to knit night knitting (I will finish them dammit), but aren't up for the travel thing.
And then there's the intended knitting. A t-shirt sort of thing that I'm to knit with The Divine Though Blogless Elizabeth. And a huge circular shawl we've planned. And a possibility of something smaller in the gorgeous silver silk I've been hoarding.
I'm in a knitting rut.
Clearly, I need suggestions from the Gallery. I'll even cast on if I own good yarn for a project. What shoudl I knit next? What should I be taking?
Due to the joys of writing ahead, you won't see this until it may be too late to chime in for the first trip... but I'll need your advice more for the second one.