I will try not to whine.
Last night was knit night. A weekly (mostly) time when I sit with my knitterly buddies and chat and knit. We get projects done faster this way. And we enjoy camaraderie. It's a wonderful thing that I've been hosting for a good five years now.
For a few months now, we've been knitting elsewhere, since one of our members' husband has been deluged with work, and thus unable to come home to monitor her precocious, lively, and not always cautious children. Rather than leave her to knit alone, we've been invading her living room. But last night, we were once again in my living room.
You'd think this would mean that I'd bee in the Catbird Seat -- able to grab up whichever project most attracted me to knit on, and not having to plan, choose, and packe my bag to go. In times past, I've gleefully switched out projects during the course of the evening, just because I had the luxury of being in the same building with all my projects.
Alas, not this week. This week the gremlins are cranky.
I'm almost done with my father's second hat. I can't find the wee ball of yarn I need to attach to finish it.
I'm finally eager to work on Lionesse, and even have ideas for the back. I am fairly confident that I've knit one full sleeve, and am in fact at the point where I need to count rows in the second sleeve to be sure they're the same. I cannot find the first sleeve. I'll have to do more research to determine whether I'm imagining knitting the second sleeve.
I've gotten far enough along on the second sleeve of the Cover-Up abandoned to my care by JoAnn that it might be time to start the edging. I cannot find the pattern.
I've determined that I do in fact need to rip back the sleeves on Tubey -- in part because having been soaked and dried, they're now too long (even for me, and I like my sleeves long). I cannot find the needles that I used to knit the sweater.
The only things I could locate were the socks on 0's or the Bohus that I'm not quite ready to embark on.
Sigh. I know I moved things when we had the room re-floored and all, but I was organized about it. I'd put things in sane places. They're not in the sane places, they're not in the goofy places. They're all taunting me to start something completely new.
Luckily, digging around for a measuring tape to help someone else, I did round up the pattern for the Cover Up, and thus did manage to knit a little.