It's been a long time coming, but I've finally hit the half-way point on the Dwarrowdelf Curtain. (yes, I said on the curtain, singular -- which means I'm 1/4 of the way to the pair).
I apologize for the poor photo quality, but I just had to make a record of the end of the first cone of yarn in these curtains.
I'm a little nervous about this though. I've not yet measured them, and I have this really unnerving feeling that that curtain up there is not, in fact, half the length of the window into which it's supposed to go. I really don't want to have to buy another cone.
Meanwhile, The Divine Though Blogless Elizabeth has tempted me into a new project.
She is almost finished with the Solo Tank by Chris Bylsma. I've been watching, and liking it more by the week, and finally caved to the inevitable. I'm going to knit one for myself. And... WEBs actually had suitable yarn on sale. My new tank will cost me less than $20.00. Score!
As is always the way when a new project is in the offing, I swatched as soon as the yarn arrived.
I'm not as happy with the new phone's camera as with the old phone's camera. But I'm hoping that I can learn to work with it.
I got lucky -- I got gauge on the first try! Cast on is immanent.
Okay, I caved and measured the curtain... I've got 38" plus hem. I suspect that hanging will result in some lengthening. The goal length is 80". We're going to make it.